Property Facts & Features
Building is undergoing substantial interior renovations Occupancy available Summer 2019: Main Floor and Basement
Built in 1899 and initially used as the Provincial House of the Oblates, this Georgian classical style building features a symmetrical design, a notable central entrance, and equally spaced multi-paned windows which provides for a truly exclusive building.
The building features two stone string courses that distinguish the first floor from the upper storeys, decorative windows with ornamental keystones, a metal cornice at the top, and enclosed pedimented porch, and rising from the roof a beautiful octagonal cupola.
For more than sixty five years, the provincial house served as the administration headquarters for the Oblate mission in Alberta and Saskatchewan, and as a residence for local priests.
Gaining a historic designation in 2006 the beautiful property has gone through substantial upgrades and refurbishments inclusive of extensive brick work to the exterior, reconstruction of windows to maintain original character, and countless interior improvements to create a truly one of a kind historical office building in Edmonton.